Topic: Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!
Hi, I'm Patty! I'm new to WIPocalypse.
I'm a stay-at-home wife who lives outside Philly. My husband and I have been married for almost 25 years. We have no children, but we do count our cat and our two dogs as our "girls". I've been cross-stitching for 30 years.
I used to subscribe to lots of US-based cross stitch magazines and I always felt very sad every time one of them went out of print. My favorite was "For the Love of Cross Stitch" and it was a beautiful, beautiful magazine. I have all of the issues. I believe there is only one US-based cross stitch now. I can't believe there is such a shortage of cross stitchers in the US that those magazines have to go out of business. I mean, we are like crazy on eBay buying (hoarding) charts and such.
I like to do ornaments and elaborate projects. My favorite subjects are cats, folk arts, tropicals, various cultures, and holidays.
My favorite fabric is 18-count Aida. I tried working on linen, but it requires more near-sighted work than I'm comfortable.
My goal for this year is put in more hours on cross stitching. I believe I did only about 100 hours in 2013. It was a rough year. Our 19-year-old cat became ill during the summer and passed away in October. A month later, just before the holidays, my mother unexpectedly passed away. I stopped stopped stitching after my kitty's diagnosis, and did not start stitching until December. My goal for 2014 is 500 hours.
My current projects: (copied from the previous post)
1. "Teddy Bear"-Beaded Elegance Ornaments, Set of 6 by Kathryn White for The Gold Collection by Dimensions.
2. "Stars 'n Stripes Kitty Moon" by Stitchy Kitty.
3. "Holiday Stocking Kitties" by Dyan Allaire for Kustom Krafts Inc. 1 of 12 pages done.
4. "Autumn Moose" by Linda Murray. 4 of 12 pages done.
5. "12 Blessings of Christmas" Flip-Its by Lizzie*Kate. 8 of 12 done.
I'm putting all 12 in a border.
6. "X*&*Z" by The Prairie Schooler (look at the amazing finish!) I'm starting with the last block (lady stitching on hoop).