Sunday, November 10, 2013

Siamese Cat Christmas Tree Ornament

One of my WIPs that I started back in April. That's where I was as of yesterday.

We used to have a pair of Siamese Sealpoints and I thought the kitty in the ornament looked just like our Tabitha.

The instructions say the ornament is about seven inches across, so it's going to be a big one.

I used to subscribe quite a few cross stitch magazines in the early 1990's. I fell in love with this ornament and wanted to have the pattern. It was a part of a contest where winning ornaments were presented in the magazine, but only one pattern was published. The pattern for the Siamese Cat wasn't the one so I had to order a separate pamphlet containing patterns of all ornaments. Alas, I was told that they'd ran out of the pamphlets when I tried to order one.

Fast forward 25 years, I was glancing at cross stitch patterns on eBay when my eye caught sight of one auction and I recognized the pamphlet. Happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment