Friday, October 18, 2013

Two past Halloween pieces

Since it's almost Halloween, I wanted to show two projects that I did in the past. I originally planned to sell them on Etsy, but I wasn't brave enough…got too attached to both of them. I'll never make a good seller of finished projects. :-(

Done in 2004. It's been temporarily edged until I decide how to finish it...have it professionally framed or make it into a wall hanging. The Pattern is from the magazine CROSS STITCH AND COUNTRY CRAFTS (October 1993). This pattern uses buttons for bats and pumpkins. However, I'm not a fan of buttons, so I stitched them instead.

Done in 2010. Also temporarily edged. The pattern is from the October page of the Cross Stitch and Needlework 2008 Keepsake Calendar. I chose the blue background rather than the tan one recommended in the calendar page, because it resembles one of those vintage Halloween postcards found for sale on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment